- It is a bone cavity not lined by epithelium.
- Unknown etiology and pathogenesis. Almost always asymptomatic.
- Most are found in young people under 20 years.
- Common site: mandible, premolar/molar region
- Monolocular, moderately well defined and moderately well corticated.
- The superior margin squeezes between the roots of the adjacent teeth (scalloping).
- There is rarely any resorption or displacement of the adjacent teeth. The teeth are usually vital.
Traumatic (solitary) bone cyst
- Cementoma (periapical cemento-osseous dysplasia) 1st stage
- Giant cell granuloma, central (circumscribed)
- Odontogenic Keratocyst (circumscribed)
- Radicular cyst