- It is the most common type of pathologic radiolucency of the jaws (more than 50%).
- It is a small round or oval radiolucency, surrounding the apex of the tooth, with or without well-circumscribed borders.
- It consists of endothelial cells, capillaries, young fibroblasts, small amount of collagen and chronic inflammatory cells, lymphocytes, plasma cells and macrophages.
- Apical abscess
- Cementoma (periapical cemento-osseous dysplasia) 1st stage
- Radicular cyst
- Surgical defect
- Traumatic (solitary) bone cyst