- It represents approximately 3 - 6% of all odontogenic tumors. It is painless and grows slowly.
- It can occur at any age but most commonly in the second and third decades of life.
- More often affects the mandible (molar/premolar region).
- Typically multilocular. The internal septa are thin and straight forming a tennis racket or honeycomb appearance.
- Usually has well defined borders.
- Adjacent teeth can be displaced but rarely resorbed. It causes less bone expansion than in other benign tumors.