- Internal dysregulation: with a closed mouth, the disc is displaced, usually anterior.
- Myo-facial pain / dysfunction syndrome
- Jaw cup, articular surface and glenoid show normal radiographic appearance
- Possible increase or decrease in the total size of the joint space.
- Possible displacement of the jaw head.
CBCT images of right and left TMJ. With the mouth closed both condyles are positioned posteriorly in the mandibular fossa indicating anterior disc displacement. With the mouth open both condyles show a reduced translation and are placed posterior to the articular eminence. The case was diagnosed as anterior disk displacement without reduction (locking).