Solitary (traumatic) bone cyst
- It is a bone cavity not lined by epithelium
- Unknown etiology and pathogenesis. Almost always asymptomatic.
- Most often is found in young people under 20 years.
- Most common location: mandible, premolar/molar region.
- Unilocular, moderately well defined and moderately well corticated radiolucency.
- The superior margin squeezes between the roots of the adjacent teeth (scalloping).
- There is rarely any resorption or displacement of the adjacent teeth. The teeth are usually vital.