- Relatively common lesion.
- Two types: complex and compound odontoma.
- Complex odontoma is composed of haphazardly arranged dental hard and soft tissues.
- Compound odontoma is composed of many small “denticles” .
- It usually occurs in young patients.
- Usually asymptomatic.
- Failure of eruption of a permanent tooth may be the first presenting symptom.It is commonly found occlusal to the involved tooth.
- Well defined. The internal aspect is very radiopaque in comparison to bone.
Odontoma (mixed lesion)
- Adenomatoid Odontogenic Tumor (AOT) (mixed)
- Cementoma (periapical cemento-osseous dysplasia) 2nd stage